Revere Car Accident Lawyer
Few people ever expect to be involved in a serious accident. But when they are, the experience may be traumatic, leading to devastating injuries or even death. In the aftermath of this trauma, there’s no sense in going on without the help of an advocate. To be sure, a skilled car accident attorney can act as both your legal counsel and your guide throughout each step of the car accident claims process in Revere, Massachusetts.
Common Types of Car Accidents
No two car accidents are alike. However, many car accident happen in a similar fashion or occur because of similar negligent acts. Some of the most commonly reported types of car accidents are:
- Rear-end collisions: While rear-end collisions are often disregarded as being insignificant, and always the fault of the rear driver, the truth is that depending upon the speed that vehicles are traveling, rear-end collisions can be very serious and lead to severe injuries.
- Side-impact collisions: A side-impact collision is a crash where one vehicle hits the side of the another, and is often referred to as a T-bone accident. This type of accident may be fatal, with drivers and passengers of both vehicles suffering injuries. These types of accidents are common in intersections where one driver fails to yield.
- Sideswipe collisions: A sideswipe collision is different from a side-impact collision. In a side impact, the front of one vehicle makes contact with the side of another; in a sideswipe, both vehicles’ sides collide with one another. This type of accident is common during a lane change.
- Head-on collisions: Of all the accident types, head-on collisions are the most deadly. These types of accidents are often fatal, or result in serious and permanent injuries. A head-on collision is most common when a vehicle is traveling the wrong direction, driving straight into oncoming traffic.
- Rollover accidents: Finally, rollover accidents may be single-vehicle accidents, meaning that they occur without another vehicle’s involvement. Rollovers are more common in vehicles that are top-heavy. Passengers have a much higher chance of survival in these accidents if they are wearing their seatbelts.
What an Attorney Can Do for You
Most of the accident types above are caused by negligence. Driving drunk, failing to yield, using a cellphone, driving while fatigued, or failing to follow posted traffic laws are all examples of negligence that lead to serious car accidents. If you have been in a crash in Revere, an attorney can:
- Investigate your claim;
- Hire experts to prove fault and assess damages;
- File your claim;
- Calculate your damages;
- Negotiate with an insurance adjuster; and
- File a lawsuit.
At The Law Offices of Alan, Hildreth, King & Associates, we have the skills, resources, and experience that your car accident case deserves. Massachusetts laws for filing a claim after a car accident can be confusing, and if you have been injured, you want a competent legal professional on your side. To learn more, contact us today. A consultation with our experienced Revere car accident attorney is 100 percent free.